"facebook blocking"

I want to configure a rule similar to this attached picture but peplink isn’t allowing to do so

We just want a Facebook block that works on **all of your routers from B20/30 and up so have you tested the latest RC in this regard?? If not then please provide specific details on how to block FB and state which routers the block works on.

Once again, I requested timed rules so we can enable and disable then at certain times. I think it is well over a year since I requested this.

Thanks,

Hi,

As mentioned previously, *.facebook.com = facebook.com. So you just need to enter facebook.com.

1 Like

Hi,

Outbound firewall rule with destination domain is the way to block facebook.

Time based policy to be available in v6.3. Stay tuned.

1 Like

It doesn’t work reliably unless you block facebook.*, I think it tries different domains if it can’t connect on facebook.com though I haven’t verified that. It may be going to facebook.us, facebook.co.uk, facebook.cn, etc. and that’s why you need the wildcard. This is no different than Skype using multiple ports including port 80 which isn’t practical to block

Again, the way to block facebook is as follows assuming you are on V6.2 firmware:

In Firewall, setup “Web Blocking” to block facebook.* then setup an “Access Rule” for “Any” protocol on “Any” source IP with “Destination IP” set to “Domain” and use facebook.* again and “Deny” the traffic. Not sure why since it is https, but you need both for it to block

I’ve tested the rules schedule feature in V6.3 and it works perfectly so thank you Peplink!

Here’s an example of the rules schedule feature in the upcoming V6.3 Peplink firmware. The first thing I did was create a schedule and named it “Work Schedule”. You can either select the 30 minute cells individually or click and drag to select them continuously. This rule will apply from 8am-12pm, off until 1pm then on again from 1pm-5pm then off. You can create as many schedules as you want and apply them to any rules you setup. Definitely possible to disable all access to the staff group with this schedule and a rule:

This is my Facebook rule and all you need to do now is select the schedule in the box on the “Enable” line. It defaults to “Always On” so just hit the down arrow to see and select a schedule:

1 Like

Hi Rexymav,

Thank you for your sharing and continue supporting Peplink! :up:

1 Like