Block facebook and youtube

Dear sir/madam

would like to request support Balance One why cannot block facebook and youtube.

[email protected]

soly

Hello soly,

In the provided screenshot, you have added youtube.com and facebook.com to the Exempted Domains from Web Blocking. Please have them added to the Customized Domains.

It also appears that you are exempting 192.168.1.0/24. Any devices that get an IP address in this range will also not be blocked.

Thanks,
Zach

1 Like

Dear Zach Tangen

good morning note with thanks for your fast support.

soly

Dear Zach Tangen

i add ask below: but still can access cannot block please give me screen shot.

soly

Hello @soly,
Remove the “www.” before the domain name that you want to block.
You may also need to flush you computers Domain Name Cache, on a PC you can do this from the command prompt by typing “ipconfig /flushdns”.

Note: these are not the only domain used by these organisations, do a search in your favourite browser search engine for the domains used by them. Example: Facebook uses fbcdn.net and Youtube uses ytimg.com and there will be more if you are willing to dig a bit deeper.

You could use the categories to simplify things.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dear Mldowling

sorry for let reply. thanks for your support if i wan to block http/https of youtube just used ytim.com right?

and one more could share how to block utorrent file.

soly

Hello @Soly,
The content filtering does not distinguish between different IP Port Numbers (such as port 80 & port 443 used for unsecured & secured web sites).
If you want to filter based on port numbers, you will need to create specific rules within the Network Outbound Policies of the router.
Happy to Help,

Dear mldowling

Good morning! could you guide how to block facebook and youtube on balance one.
thanks and best regards

soly

Hello @soly,
Please search the forum, there is existing information on how to block domains already, here is some of the existing threads to get you started:

You could also if you want for Facebook attempt to enter all of known server IPs, most of these are listed here at AS32934 Facebook, Inc. details - IPinfo.io

Consider why you are attempting to block these domains, you may find educating the end user(s) a better option.
Happy to Help,

1 Like