Device: Peplink Balance 380
Firmware: 5.4.9 build 2573
We experiencing a lot of spammers lately trying to contact our mail server. We limited inbound and outbound access trough the firewall and this seems to help. However the event log suddenly seems to stop logging.
We saw a lot of blocked attempts many times an hour and for up to 24 hours. Then it suddenly stopped. We find it strange that it stops just like that and there are no new entries for over 2 hours.
Applying changes is being logged. We find it very unlikely they just stopped trying to contact our mailservers. We experienced it also yesterday that the log stopped and then later on came back.
/edit: and just as this has been posted for a few minutes the log shows some new attempts.