Enroll a passkey for seamless Peplink ID login

What is a passkey?

A passkey is an encrypted digital key enrolled on your personal device, enabling you to authenticate your identity using a fingerprint, face scan, or PIN. It is more secure compared to traditional password authentication methods.

Why enroll a passkey?

Enrolling a passkey provides a seamless login experience. By doing so, you can bypass the typical password sign-in and two-factor authentication steps. If you’d like to revert back to the old password system, you can always switch back to password sign-in by canceling the passkey.

How to activate my passkey?

1. Visit peplinkid.peplink.com to log in to your Peplink ID

2. Click on your profile in the upper-right corner and select “Profile”

3. Click “Enroll Device”, prepare your personal device, and follow the instructions to complete the passkey enrollment.

Your passkeys can be saved in:
      - Desktop:
       Chrome Profile on Mac
       iCloud Keychain
       Windows Hello
      - Mobile & Tablet
       Security Key USB

4. Name your passkey

5. The next time you log in, a popup window will provide instructions based on your enrolled device type for signing in with your passkey.

6. You can enroll multiple passkeys or remove them if necessary.

If you encounter any issues during the process, please check the FAQ here or submit a ticket via our Ticketing System.

4 Likes

Chrome Profile on Mac

1. Use a Google Chrome browser to log in to Peplink ID, then click “Enroll Device”

2. Select “Your Chrome profile”

3. Click “Continue”

4. The enrollment process is complete

5. Next time you log in, after entering your Peplink ID, a popup will appear asking you to confirm using Chrome Profile as a passkey to authenticate your identity. Click “Continue” to log in

2 Likes

iCloud Keychain

1. Use a web browser to log in to your Peplink ID, then click “Enroll Device”

2. Click “Continue” to save the passkey to your iCloud Keychain (Apple ID)

3. The enrollment process is complete

4. Next time you log in, after entering your Peplink ID, a popup will appear asking you to confirm using iCloud Keychain as a passkey to authenticate your identity. Click “Continue” to log in

2 Likes

Windows Hello

1. Use a Windows device to log in to Peplink ID, then click “Enroll Device”

2. Click “OK” to continue setting up a passkey in your Windows device

3. Authenticate your Windows Hello. This can be a PIN, face recognition, or fingerprint scan
    based on your settings, please make sure it is set up on your desktop:
    “Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options”

4. Click “OK” to complete the enrollment process

5. Next time you log in, after entering your Peplink ID, a popup will appear asking you to authenticate using Windows Hello

2 Likes

Mobile & Tablet

1. Prepare your mobile or tablet devices, then click “Enroll Device”

2. For Google Chrome users, select “Use a phone, tablet, or security key”
    *Text may vary if other browsers are used

3. Scan the QR code using your mobile or tablet device

4. Follow the steps displayed on your device

The steps may vary depending on your mobile & tablet models, it may require face recognition, fingerprint scanning, or entering a PIN

5. The enrollment process is complete

6. Next time you log in, after entering your Peplink ID, scan the QR code with your enrolled mobile or tablet device to authenticate your identity

2 Likes

Security Key USB

1. Prepare your security key USB, then click “Enroll Device”

2. For Google Chrome users, select “Use a phone, tablet, or security key”
    *Text may vary if other browsers are used

3. Insert your security key USB and touch it

4. Follow the steps displayed, e.g. If you have set a PIN for the security key USB, enter your PIN to proceed

5. The enrollment process is complete

6. Next time you log in, after entering your Peplink ID, insert and touch your security key USB to authenticate your identity

2 Likes

FAQ

If I enrolled a passkey, can I use Google / Microsoft / Apple to sign in?

• Yes. The popup providing instructions on logging in with a passkey will appear after you have used Google / Microsoft / Apple to enter your email address.

I have enrolled a passkey on my Mac, can I also use my iPhone to use the passkey?

• Generally, all passkeys are enrolled on a specific device only, so you can only use the enrolled device to utilize the passkey. If you usually use multiple devices to log in Peplink ID, we suggest enrolling a passkey in each device and naming them accordingly. However, with iCloud Keychain, you can use different iOS devices using the same Apple ID to utilize the passkey.

Is passkey authentication compatible with all devices and operating systems?

• The passkey is compatible with most of the devices and operating systems, except your Windows version must be Windows 10 or later. If you have encountered any issues during enrollment, please create a ticket here and let us know what device and browser you are using.

What happens if I lose access to a device with my enrolled passkey?

• If you lose access to the device, we recommend logging into peplinkid.peplink.com using your traditional password to remove the enrolled passkey. If you have forgotten your traditional password, click “Forget Password?” to reset it.

I was enrolling my iCloud Keychain as a passkey, why does it show “Enroll Device Cancelled” after I clicked “Continue”?

• Please ensure you have enabled iCloud Keychain on your device.
    Mac - Settings > Apple ID > Passwords & Keychain > Select “On”
    iPad / iPhone - Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Passwords & Keychain > Select “On”
3 Likes