EE UK SIM BR1 MAX mk2 Suddenly stuck on Obtaining IP address APN

I’ve had a UK Contract SIM in my unit for 4 months with no issues. using under half my allowance and not connectiong more than 5 devices.
Last night it just decided to stop working. Just says obtaining IP address.
I have tried every trick i know. APN setting below tried in auto, pushing onto manual, firmware update.

ee internet
Security - PAP
APN: everywhere
User: eesecure
Password: secure

I have read that Phone sims dont like pepwaves, but EE assure me they have no issues, the fact it worked for 4 months baffles me.

As a troubleshooting step are you able to try using the device in a different location?

Have seen recently someone on this forum with similar complaint and it turns out their carrier was moving to new bands which were not supported by their hardware. They confirmed this by testing it in a different location which still had those bands on the towers.

The mast its connecting too is less than a year old. According to EE they arent changing anything or changed anyhting to make it fail the other night.
But maybe I’ll try taking it home if it fails completely.

I’d try the SIM in another known working device before trying a different location to be honest, that proves the SIM is still active and functional.

This is mostly an Americanism where the network operators are a lot more controlling about what “plan” you use in your “approved” or “certified” device but yes generally speaking in the UK none of the operators care really as long as you’re not taking the micky.

However, in the case of EE in the UK I can certainly tell you we have seen clearly that PAYG and “phone” SIMs certainly get penalised a bit more than SIMs sold as “mobile broadband” especially if you are making use of SpeedFusion :slight_smile:

Thank you. I’m going to go try a few things now.