Dropping connection with AT&T

Hi everyone!
I managed to get the 100gb AT&T plan just over a month ago and it worked a treat! I went on vacation for a couple of weeks (Switched the Pepwave off) and when I returned I have had nothing but issued with losing connection. I don’t even know where to start!

What does the status message show?
Did you receive text messages from the carrier?
What does the signal strength show?
Are you getting an ip address ?
What city is this in ?

What does the status message show? No status from pepwave, just no connection.
Did you receive text messages from the carrier? I got a txt saying I cant connect
What does the signal strength show?
LTE Band 2 (1900 MHz)
RSSI: -62dBm SINR: 27.6dB RSRP: -89dBm RSRQ: -11.0dB
Are you getting an ip address ? Yes
What city is this in ? Bingham, Maine

Can you go to system → ping → connection → cellular and try to ping 8.8.8.8
If successful , try to change your cellular dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

If not successful try to reset the cellular modem or reboot the device and try again.

1 Like

Thank you! It is working after doing that. I will have to see if it stays connected though. I will reply in a day to give an update on the reliability of the connection.

ok keep us updated!

It’s still happening unfortunately :frowning: not quite sure how to fix it.

If you used the imei of your pepwave to activate your device you should have att support on the devices.
Have you tried to raise a trouble ticket with att?

FYI I called ATT today and was on hold with them for 1.5 hours before they answered.
They refreshed the connection I was having trouble with and moved me to another tower.
I have my doubts that the new tower will help so I am now going to send all the traffic over a pepvpn tunnel.

FWIW… I’m in Texas and my AT&T connection was down from 12:18AM till 2:09AM last night. When I checked down detector, the comments were from all over the country… so they are having some kind of issue right now. When it was down, my connection to the tower was fine, but I couldn’t go anywhere.

Where in texas?
Seeing issues in Pottsborro and forestburg (around decatur area)

Unsolicited message from AT&T…