Download speed lower through Peplink

I’m using Peplink Balance One Core. WAN1 is set at 400Mbps connection and ISP have plans to raise the speed to 1 Gbps. When I connect computer directly to router provided by ISP I get maximum download speed around 400Mbps. When ISP router is providing connection to my Peplink One Core and desktop computer is connected to Peplink port #3 then maximum download speed is around 180Mbps.

See the discussion thread from 2 months ago on what it took me to achieve 600Mbps on my Balance One Core: Are all Balance One’s running half speed on 8.3?

If you read the entire thread, you will see that I also did a factory reset and then made only the changes absolutely needed for testing since there are many options which can increase the load on the Balance One’s cpu and thus decrease throughput. And there are options like Mitigate Bufferbloat which restrict internet speeds to deliver low latency.

I have my Balance One Core running on a Comcast link that delivers a bit more than 1Gbps download, but is asymmetrical with only 10Mbps upload. If I really needed more than 600Mbps, I can move to the B20X. Or wait to see if the Surf Soho replacement might be a great option. Peplink says “The upcoming next-generation SOHO (which will have a name without “SOHO” in it) is scheduled for a targeted release in November or December. Stand by~”
Surf SOHO is now in “legacy” status

P.S. Hopefully you know this, but you need to always make sure that the LAN subnet IP address ranges are different between your ISP router and the Balance One Core. All routers need their WAN IP address to not overlap the LAN subnet IP address range.