Does Surf on the Go work with Verizon Home Fusion

I was using my Surf OTG with a Verizon MiFi jetpack but just recently had Verizon “Internet Installed” (previously called Home Fusion) put in. It uses a broadband router made by Technicolor. The OTG does not seem to work with it - and maybe it’s not compatible? I am not very computer literate, so whatever help you can give - I would be hugely appreciative!

How did you plan to use the SOTG with the Home Fusion? That service already includes a router so I’m trying to figure out what you are trying to do.

Hi Tim - it’s probably all apples and oranges and I’m trying to use the SOTG incorrectly. When I had the jetpack, the SOTG gave me more distance and allowed me to have a stronger connection on the other side of the house. I was hoping it would work the same way, because the signal from the Verizon router is pretty weak (it’s suppose to work 300 ft. away, but not here!!). Thanks!! (and I apologize for my stupidity!!)

Hi Terri - no worries, now I understand what you are trying to do and it makes perfect sense. You will now be using your SOTG to extend the wireless signal from your new Home Fusion router.

All you need to do is reconfigure the SOTG to use Wi-Fi as WAN in bridge mode to connect to the SSID of the Home Fusion router. Then just strategically place the SOTG in a location that still gets good signal from the Home Fusion router and provide good coverage for the rest of the house.

Thanks Tim. Excuse my ignorance, but how do I do that? I found the Quick Start Guide, but I’m not sure what to do. Sorry!!!

You can download the user manual directly from our website:

I already did…thanks.