Display WWAN/WAN status in InControl list view

It would be useful to be able to see the WAN and WWAN status in the list view of icontrol, so that at a glance you can see if a site is on backup.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, we will discuss it internally here to see if this is something we can easily implement on future updates.

I would like to push this issue. It would be very useful to see wan/cellular status in the grid view of incontrol. so at a glance you could tell if a location was on backup.

This is support. Please find the screenshot below.

1 Like

I was referring to the GRID VIEW. i.e.

In TK’s screenshot, some major information are already provided. E.g. WAN name, state, carrier name, priority, signal strength, etc. What sort of information you also want to see at a glance? (I’ll put aside whether it is in grid view or not so long as the screen could clearly provide the necessary information at a glance.)

1 Like

Ok – so what I am asking for is that while on the grid view page, now you can see if device is online or offline. I would like to be able to see if the device is on cellular or WAN.

1 Like

Oh I see. You want to see what active WANs are on the device list without drilling into device details. Let us get back to you later.

2 Likes

We will add a “WAN” field to the device list. A few small Ethernet WAN, cellular WAN and Wi-Fi WAN icons in same size as the red/green status indicator will be put into the field to indicate the active WANs. Each icon indicates each WAN. Hovering over a WAN icon will display a tooltip of the WAN’s details. What do you think?

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly what I would like to see.

We will add the WAN field in the next major release.

1 Like

Would be wonderful to just have a page that just shows WAN outages at the organization level. As an MSP with hundreds of Peplinks deployed, we can no longer rely on email alerts or drilling down into device details to address these efficiently.

We have the info in “Group device list view” and that should summary the devices status. Detail info please check screenshot as attached.

1 Like

This isn’t very helpful.
A. We’d have to drill down into every customer to see their WAN status at any given time, that’s why I said the organization level. That screenshot is a display at the group level.
B. I just pulled the secondary WAN connection on my home Peplink and the InControl dashboard now simply shows that I have one WAN connection rather than a failing second WAN connection. That’s pretty deceptive.

An effective dashboard for us would have an outage list, like any NOC would have, so we can address WAN problems from one single view, not have to go through 25 different customer screens, and certainly not have a dashboard that makes the devices look like they only have one WAN connection when they might actually have two WAN connections but one happens to be down.

A good idea but we’d need to limit which WANs will be monitored in this way. We have many multi-WAN devices where not all WANs are connected (ie a B710 with only two of the 7 available WANs active).

What this would need is the ability at a device level to identify WANs that need to be monitored for outages in this way (ie the ones we’d expect to be live) - perhaps a checkbox next to them labeled ‘Monitor Availability’.

Then I would suggest at the organisation level a summary box that shows the number of monitored WANs that are down. When clicked, that gives a list view of devices with WAN outages (showing any other live WANs that may exist) so you can quickly see which sites need some investigation.

1 Like

Hey Martin, I was thinking the outage board wouldn’t show connections in “Cold Standby” mode as outages, nor things like mobile connections that are scheduled to be turned off afterhours - only devices with WAN connections set to active that were no longer functional.
But an option to tag or mark devices / connections that exclude them from appearing in the outage list would definitely be helpful, since we have devices like lab routers and loaner equipment that we wouldn’t want to appear as alerts.