Disabling WiFi on the M2M - Permanently

We have a customer that has around 2500 older modems from a large competitor that are at or nearing end of life. They are looking to start upgrading and need a modem with Serial and no WiFi (No WiFi for security reasons).

Is there a way to lock down or remove the WiFI software/setup in the BR1-Mini-M2M ?? Or create a firmware version that makes it disappear and be disabled

I understand it can be turned off…BUT since some units could be used around classified areas…they want the ability to turn on WiFi gone with no chance for it to be turned on

Hey there,

Why not consider the new BR1 Mini 5G?
Or the Core?

I know they lack serial, but serial can easily be added with 3rd party units.

MAX BR1 Mini Core. Fully Optimized for Telemetry. (peplink.com)

MAX BR1 Mini 5G - Peplink

1 Like

more equipment equals more SPACE, more POWER, more COST, more WIRING, more things to FAIL… and when the equipment is going into a small box in the middle of nowhere being powered by solar that requires a 3 hour drive to get to… MORE HEADACHES

I totally get it - maybe there’s a case to ask the product team @Giedrius to make a new version of the 5G or Core with Serial?

Or maybe a special firmware that disables Wi-Fi by default then if you’re doing a large scale deployment?

Hi Mark,

let me check with the Team about it first and get back to you.

1 Like