Disable wifi on Transit MAX?

I have a boat setup where the transit max duo is up in the hardtop, with 4 cell antennas and 2 wifi antennas for Wifi as WAN only. The LAN port on the max heads down into the boat to an AP One Mini that’s in the salon, which is supposed to be the (only) wifi broadcast for the boat users. I have the AP One Mini set up, and it’s broadcasting, and since it’s the better signal in the salon, laptops tend to connect to the AP One, but the MAX is still broadcasting. Moreover, I’ve decided to try out using the speedfusion cloud stuff as a separate SSID, and that SSID is ONLY being broadcast via the MAX, not the AP One. Is there some way to actually fully disable the AP on the MAX and 100% use it exclusively for WIFI as WAN, and then have both the local main SSID and the SpeedFusion Cloud SSID broadcast through the AP One?

@codingparadox, you should able to disable the MAX Transit Duo built-in Wi-Fi AP from the Web Admin / Dashboard itself.

NOTE:
Mine is BR1-IP55, but the UI is the same.

1 Like

Thanks! Okay that seems to have disabled the AP on the MAX!

However, now the Speedfusion Cloud SSID isn’t being broadcast by anything. I’m guessing if I want a system-wide SSID for using various speedfusion cloud settings (join this SSID for voice calls for work, this one for games, etc.) I need to do some complicated VLAN setup?

To have the SpeedFusion Cloud traffic separated on different SSIDs on external APs, you will need to use VLANs. If using the AP built into the Transit DUO, you can use the SpeedFusion Cloud rules like you where.

The VLAN settings should be pretty simple if the AP ONE Mini is connected directly to the Transit DUO.

2 Likes

Hi there - I think I just may have just shot myself in the foot :sweat_smile: I decided to “test” disabling the Wi-Fi AP, but that was my only router and now I can’t connect to the Web Admin/Dashboard. Is there a way to reconnect to the router and enable the Wi-Fi AP if it’s been turned off?

Hi. I don’t think @WeiMing is at work quite yet. Maybe I can help. Can you connect via ethernet?

2 Likes

If you have IC2 setup, you can access both the Web Admin, and have the ability to turn on and off the WIFI AP from there.

Otherwise I would try @Rick-DC’s idea and try a network cable.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have a MacBook Pro without ethernet ports :confused: I would need to track down a usb c to ethernet to connect. I like where you’re going though, that might be my only option.

@Cable17 - Is that something that might be set up out of the box with the pepwave? I’m not familiar with IC2

@rocket,
IC2 is the cloud management service for Peplink devices. https://incontrol2.peplink.com

Read the FAQ at the bottom of the page - https://www.peplink.com/software/network-management-solution-incontrol-2/

If you sign up and add your serial number, you should be able to gain access to the device again from there.
Side note - your device does need to be under warranty for this to actually work

2 Likes

@rocket, you may submit a support ticket if you are running out of options, as suggested by @Rick-DC & @Cable17, we will see what we can do about it. :wink:

1 Like

I’d also really like to know how to create/use a VLAN so I can use SpeedFusion Cloud through my Pepwave AC Mini One access point. My router is pepwave max transit duo and the Mini One is plugged directly into it via ethernet. I’ve scoured the internet and cannot find these instructions!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!