DHCP addresses for remote access users

I need to configure a pool of addresses for remote access users. Is it possible to set up the balance 380 to a dhcp pool for incoming users? If not, how can I accompolish this?

1 Like

Hello @alanpage,
Are you referring to users connecting via a VPN (such as IPsec) into your network?
If so the best way is to create VLAN and within that VLAN create the DHCP structure/setting you require.
You can then assign this to your incoming VPN configuration as the required network that the users connect to.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

This is a continuing pet peeve of mine, about the Peplink routers. Every other router I use provides a method to reserve specific DHCP addresses for VPN. You can use the method described by Marcus, but by definition that means the VPN devices will receive a DHCP address outside of your untagged LAN. You can deal with that on the Balance but some of my devices have their own firewalls that are harder to manage. I have one particular device that blocks access from LANs other than its own. It would be a lot easier if I could reserve VPN addresses within the untagged LAN.

2 Likes

I am referring to users connecting through the Peplink Remote User access