We are experiencing intermittently long ping times when devices are connected over WiFi to a MAX Transit. Most of the time the latency is in single-digit milliseconds, however, it sometimes (frequently) jumps to over 100ms. Sample screenshot below.
Some details which may be helpful:
- MAX Transit CPU load remains low when this happens
- Only 2.4 GHz WiFi is currently enabled
- Running firmware 8.1.1
- RSSI is fine, at around -55 to -60
- This happens in wilderness environments, so no signal interference from other APs
- MAX Transit is only configured for cellular WAN (i.e. WiFi WAN disabled on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Settings for 1st AP are per the 2nd screenshot
- Second AP is enabled via the built-in Syncfusion option, based off the 1st AP
- There are no other APs configured
- The MAX Transit and WiFi client are both stationary when this happens
How to troubleshoot this issue to get to the bottom of it?