Define Native VLAN in Trunk Ports on B One 5G

Scenario - I have 3 Peplink B One 5G running in a Star topology (One Hub - Two End points) deploying multiple layer 2 VLANs.
I am trunking 4 VLANs between them and require the functionality to select a VLAN and define it as a Native VLAN in addition to carrying the other 3 VLANs.
So a command line approach to this would be as follows.

Switchport mode trunk
Switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport trunk allowed vlan 20, 30, 40

In this case VLAN 10 would be stripped of its VLAN tag and pass through the trunk as untagged traffic, whilst passing VLAN 20,30 & 40 - the specific routing application I have requires this to function and I can replicate this on everything from Cisco/TP Link etc.
I have confirmed the application i have functions with just a single VLAN with the port setting in access mode.
Suggestion for implementation.
Select Port Type - Trunk
Select VLAN Networks - Custom
Add in Select Native - {present all configured VLANS and allowing user to select a specific VLAN}.
Result the Select Native VLAN would then be untagged over the interface.
Hoping you can help - or show me how.

7 Likes

agree- its sometimes necessary to be able to choose a vlan to be the PVID for a trunk, on a trunk by trunk basis.

1 Like

Hello @phendrickse,
We can do this currently only by using an external Peplink (or third party) managed switch; the ability to use the network ports on Peplink routers as a fully managed switch requires further evolution, and your feature request makes a good case for it.

So, get a +1 from us on this request, too.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This gets a +1 from me, ran into this limitation on an SDX Pro I deployed when trunking to non-peplink switches. User-configurable native VLANs are always a good idea on trunks. Not sure why they aren’t supported here.

2 Likes

on sdwan devices, and even more so on the sd-switches

1 Like

+1 from me , we could use this.

2 Likes

+1 from here

I’d support this absolutely - we’ve had to come up with creative solutions to this.

4 Likes

+1 here, would be very useful

2 Likes