Default Band for Dual-band Radio settings for AP management in IC2

I’m not sure if this is a problem or how the AP management works for IC2. When I set the Default Band for Dual-band Radio to 5GHz, I assume that any device that is capable will connect to the 5GHz network. Other devices that do not have the capability to connect to a 5GHz network will simply connect to the 2.4GHz network.
My problem is when setting the Default Band for Dual-band Radio to 5GHz, devices that can only connect to a 2.4Ghz network can’t see or connect to the network. What am I missing?

Hi,

Do you mean client devices that supported 2.4GHz only can’t see the SSID? If so, please confirm you have checked 2.4GHz for Radio Selection.

Thanks for the response. Correct, devices that only support 2.4GHz cannot see the wireless network. I have verified that the radio selection for both the 2.4 & 5Ghz network are checked.
So I’m right in assuming that even when the Default band is set to 5GHz, devices should still be able to connect to the 2.4Ghz band? If so, any other suggestions?

Hi,

Please fix the 2.4GHz channel between 1, 6 and 11, instead of using Auto. I suspect AP broadcast with channel 12 or 13, but client devices supported channel between 1-11 only. So SSID is invisible by client devices.