Deactivate License

We upgraded our balance one with the BPL-ONE-LC-5WAN license because we had 4 WAN links at one point. We have since upgraded our main line and reduced our WAN links down to 2. We would like to remove the license from the device because we understand that with the license activated the device firewall speed is throttled to 400mbps Instead of 600mbps. Does anyone know how to do this?

I don’t know of a way to do this, you should open a ticket to see if peplink can help with this. I’ve never removed a license.

1 Like

Following your advice, I opened a ticket. They advised me to simply disable the additional WAN ports. They hinted that this would restore the functionality, but refused to state it out-right. Stating simply “Please note that firmware 8.4.0 has optimization for LAN as WAN ports. Please disable LAN as WAN port and then enable it as LAN port again.” My testing shows that it does indeed go a little over 300 (350ish) but I have never reached the full 500+ promised by the ISP. Unfortunately I have yet to figure out what the bottleneck is.

We never applied a license for more wans.
I had a client that had a balance one and we were never able to get it to achieve the ISP speeds even through ticketed support with peplink. Since the device was old anyway, we ended up replacing it with a br1 pro 5G. I would suggest a br1 pro 5G or a br1 pro. G LTE.
Let me know if you’re interested in upgrading the hardware as for a peplink partner and can support you.

1 Like