DDNS Timeout on my MOTGs

Dearest, are three days that I got the following messages on my MAX ON THE GO routers:

Apr 02 15:16:48 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 2 (Retried 19 time(s))
Apr 02 15:16:25 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 1 (Retried 19 time(s))
Apr 02 15:16:18 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 2 (Retried 18 time(s))
Apr 02 15:15:55 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 1 (Retried 18 time(s))
Apr 02 15:15:47 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 2 (Retried 17 time(s))
Apr 02 15:15:25 DDNS: Domain XXXXXXXX.ddns.net connection timeout for WAN 1 (Retried 17 time(s))

Saying that:

1. Nothing changed on my no-ip account and no-ip support said no outages on that side.
  2. Checked many time user id and password to be sure I’ve specified it correctly
  3. All IP addresses of my SIMs are public, dynamic and reachable from the internet.

Is there anybody able to tell me what else I could check? I’ve tested this problem on both firmwares 6.3.3 build 2252 and 7.0.0 official.

I’ve already posted the same problem in another section of this forum, sorry for that, going to remove that one.

Most ddns systems have an “abuse” tolerance. These entries are meant to be updated once per day. If the router is constantly retrying OR you have rebooted the router several times - perhaps you have made it onto the nuisance list and they are blocking you for some amount of time.

I would disable the ddns stuff for a couple of hours and then try to enable it later. Check for the usage agreement with no-ip.com for what they consider proper usage.

Just a thought.

1 Like