Cricket wireless data only plan with pepwave?

also, i dont know how true this is, but i read somewhere that some older devices authenticate on 3g and then switch to 4g lte? if that is actually true possibility, then i’d research this particular modem to see if thats the case. perhaps an email to sierra wireless directly could shed some light?

I’ve already been charged for the next month in advance, so I may as well 1.) wait and see and hope.

My other options are 4) give up and move to where there is easier internet, or 5) buy and maybe teather a netgear, or maybe connect a netgear hotspot to the wan of the max transit so I can keep using some of the max transits good points, or 6) maybe look for another plan, again.

I believe my max transit’s modem is a Telit rater than a sierra wireless.

FWIW: I checked one of our Max Transit CAT18, and it reports the modem being a telit lm960.

It is chugging along on a VZW (corporate) plan, and has in the past connected on TMO.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

Max Transit Duo (v2020) I was charged on March 2nd by Cricket via autopay, smartcheck failed a few days ago but it wasn’t in a place where we were using it anyways, and didn’t look into it. It failed again, so I logged in and it said my account was suspended and I needed to pay $5 to re-activate it. I then saw the new plan notice, went to their website and it offered to pro-rate it for me for $43 or something. :confused:

I suppose I’ll be reaching out to support for a refund then going third party reseller for AT&T coverage…