Correct way to get support

I have a couple of Peplink products and will be purchasing more but just want to confirm how support works. Previously I put in a direct ticket with Peplink support and it ends up being forwarded back to my Peplink reseller who knows little about configuring the products and so passes it back to the engineers at Peplink and the reseller just becomes an email middle man to slow down the process. The community and knowledge base is very helpful but not all questions will get an answer or in a timely way.

I had assumed that purchasing through a certified partner and having Prime Care would allow direct support tickets but apparently that’s not true? I feel like I’ll need to interview who I purchase from before I make any future purchases in order to get decent support.

Am I missing anything?

Hello, Qurius.
My ticket’s always are opened using Peplink Ticketing System and always been answered by Peplink support team.
I don’t have opened too many tickets. Just a few in this last ten years.
But… I never opened a case to help me in a customer scenario. I always try to look at forum first and troubleshooting everything by my self.

Regards,

Thanks…not sure why mine got passed on but just wanted to confirm that tickets should be answered directly.

The level of support you receive from an individual reseller/partner can vary significantly based on a variety of factors.
I am pretty sure the Peplink Support model provides that 1st level support (initial issue contact) is directed back towards the reseller. Some do a better job than others.
Depending on what type of support your need help with, your expectations on support may be unrealistic. As Peplink directed your support request back to your reseller, it suggests your reseller should be able to help you directly. I suspect your purchase volume form this reseller is not sufficient to warrant supporting you after the sale.
I would encourage you to find another reseller/partner. If you PM me, I will provide the name & phone # of the one I use.

My understanding (and personal experience) is that 1st level warranty and support issues are handled by the certified partner through whom the sale was made.
I have not had any issues with this model, since my Peplink source has been very helpful indeed.
PM me and I can share specifics.

I purchased mine through Amazon and 5GStore was supposed to be the supporting dealer but when I asked for support I got this “Because the purchase was not made through 5Gstore, you will need to open up a ticket with Peplink directly” from 5Gstore tech support.

Thanks…what brought up my original question about support was from my last inquiry to my certified partner about a hardware issue with a Max Transit. I got a response of "I don’t have a clue and it’s above my pay grade’. At that point I should be able to deal with Peplink directly but since it’s at their discretion whether they take the request or pass it on makes it a little frustrating.

I wasn’t impressed with them when I made a pre-purchase inquiry recently.

All purchases from Amazon should be supported by peplink.
If you purchase from another reseller then I would contact them.

That is odd since when you click support on 5GStore it has three choices and one of them is if you purchased on Amazon and a form to fill out to receive support.

Interesting let me do some research and get back to you.

I have ticket number Ticket #23040270 open with Pepwave.

@Qurius
Aparently some resellers can sell on amazon. They are listed here: https://www.peplink.com/amazon-store/
I don’t know how you tell which reseller you purchased was anything listed on your invoice?