ContentHub: trying to setup example

how does contenthub work?
does it redirect users URL requests to a local FTP server for webpages and applications? example: user tries to go to:

does it get redirected to the above webpage downloaded to an FTP server? Am I responsible to setup a local FTP server and a local web server to feed the content to the Peplink?!
What is the real value in ContentHub? I’m not understanding it’s intended use case and value.

What is an easy test to prove ContentHub works?
here’s my best guess:
network diagram:
PC (running a simple FTP server) → ethernet → Peplink Transit MINI (beta testing) → ethernet → router → Internet

The PC holds the ‘cached’ content the users will want. In this case just some sample text files. The users then try to goto a sample website such as:

which is then redirected to the FTP server.
I have setup contenthub as thus:

note I have tried both a manual sync. and scheduled. Neither of which seem to ‘see’ the ftp server.

Finally, when I run my test, it doesn’t pull the text file from the ftp server, rather it goes out to the internet and tries to access the site (big.com (which is not in use)).

I’m sure I’m under some misconceptions here. Anybody, please let me know a valid way to test ContentHub.

Knight

@Knight_Jensen

ContentHub allow you to store/keep a copy for “your own web-content/application content” locally in the device. This will help to save bandwidth/data for accessing the content in the web server that hosted in the internet.

Users ----> ContentHub —> Internet —> Real Web Content (www.yourownwebsite.com) Server.

1. You need to setup the ContentHub to Sync to your Real Web/application Content Server via FTP/rsync.

1. If the Content/application data is synced, when user behind the ContentHub accessing to “www.yourownwebsite.com” , basically the content will be fetch from ContentHub instead of the real web server.

Base on your request, seem like your request is more to Web Caching (MediaFast) more than the ContentHub ? Would you able to confirm ?

1 Like