Connect networks on SOHO

I have Surf SOHO in the RV. I have TP Link Omada at home. When the RV is home it connects to the house wifi with wan on wifi. I can ping devices in the house but not the other way around. I have home assistant on a Pi in the RV and need a straight shot to the internet. So far attempts with OpenVPN are failing because I could not get configured without a public ip on the Peplink. I somehow want the two networks to talk back and forth.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

The Surf Soho is a router with a firewall. You are connecting the Surf Soho to the internal network of the TP Link Omada Router. So devices on the Surf Soho can reach out through the Surf Soho router and make connections to the TP Link LAN when there isn’t overlap of LAN address ranges (yours don’t overlap).

However, you are being blocked by the Surf Soho firewall when pinging from the TP Link LAN to devices on the Surf SoHo LAN. You could set up Port Forwarding on the Surf Soho in which case you will want to set up the PC running Home Assistant with a Static IP address. Or with a DHCP Reservation for the MAC address of the PC with Home Assistant. Hopefully the TP Link router also has DHCP reservations available so you can set one up for the MAC address of the Surf Soho so you always know what the IP address is.

A lot of people like TailScale these days for connecting networks over the WAN. Free and it works great.

Really appreciate your time replying.
I will look into Tailscale. With limited knowledge of Tailscale, there is an add on for home assistant where it would run in the camper. Any advice on the setup for Tailscale between the camper and the house?

There are many options for remotely accessing Home Assistant:

1. If you set up DHCP reservation for the Surf Soho on the TP Link router, I believe you can then use it to configure OpenVPN the WAN interface and IP addresses on the Surf Soho. Then you can establish an OpenVPN connection to the Surf Soho. Note: You can also configure Dynamic DNS on the Surf Soho to get a Public IP address which would allow you to reference the Surf Soho wherever your Surf Soho is connected to the internet. There are free DDNS services available.
    Configure Remote User Access using OpenVPN

2. You can go to the Tailscale web site for configuration help. There is also a Tailscale reddit site where you can get help. Your configuration should be pretty simple. You may want to consider defining an Exit node in your home for situations when you want to use the IP address of your home internet to connect to something like your bank accounts.

3. Home Assistant can also be configured to be remotely accessed through the Home Assistant Cloud for a monthly/yearly fee.
    https://www.nabucasa.com/