Configure Specific LAN Port to WAN Network

I’ve done a lot of searching, and it’s probably due to my ignorance in this subject but I just can’t seem to find the answer to my question. I found posts and videos discussing far more complex things than what I’m looking for, but not specifically what I’m looking for. This is probably because it’s very basic, but I’m stuck. I have a Max BR1 Pro with two WAN connections (cellular SIM and Starlink). I’m trying to find out how I can assign one of my LAN ports to only use the Starlink, but I’m lost. Can someone please help me? Keep in mind, I’m fairly ignorant in networking knowledge, so I may not understand your terminology. I thought I knew a thing or two until I started researching this, but that went right out the window…

Ahoy!

Great question and indeed there is a solution!

What you’re wanting to look into is outbound policies. There’s not a direct way currently to have all LAN to go to a certain WAN but there is the “opposite”:

You could assign all wireless clients to go via a specific interface as shown above.

Alternatively, you setup fixed IPs on your LAN devices and route a range of IPs of dedicated IPs.

Let us know if this helps.

1 Like

Create a secondairy vlan on the BR1 with a new ip subnet. For example, 192.168.1.x for you existing stuff, 192.168.2.x for the new vlan. Then create the outbound policy mentioned above based on IP network 192.168.2.0/24 and assign each vlan to a different port in access mode.

1 Like

I appreciate both of your help on this!

1 Like