Configure Remote User Access using OpenVPN

Hi Erik,

I’ve attached the screenshot you requested and a screenshot of the log during connection. I did download both “Route all traffic” and “split traffic” profiles after the upgrade and they both failed the same way. Thanks!

Hi Twomack,

Could you log a ticket here to allow us to check what is going wrong?
The authorization failed, but I can’t see the reason why it failed.

Thanks,

Erik

1 Like

Opened ticket. Ticket #792230

Thanks!

1 Like

Updated a Balance 210 from 8.0.0b02 build 4118 to 8.0.0RC4 and could not connect in again with OpenVPN. Rebooted back to b02 and it works.

you might want to post in the RC4 thread or submit a ticket ASAP then before they go to general release on 8.0

Have you tried to download the ovpn file again for OpenVPN configuration? We have revised the certificate generation process during beta phases and this may be the cause.

Update: Let’s continue the discussion here:

1 Like

I understand your thoughts but I got so, me issues, My VPN is not working properly, can you told me why this happened.

@adamdevine

If you have tried the suggestion given by Steve, please open a support ticket for support team to check further.

https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new

1 Like

When i try to login i get the following error:
Wed May 08 14:18:50 2019 WARNING: ‘link-mtu’ is used inconsistently, local=‘link-mtu 1549’, remote=‘link-mtu 1550’
Wed May 08 14:18:50 2019 WARNING: ‘comp-lzo’ is present in remote config but missing in local config, remote=‘comp-lzo’

any thoughts

Hi Bakker,

It seems a common error; the tips in this discussion might help :
Please also try downloading a recent OpenVPN client config from the status page of your router.
If the above doesn’t help, please open a support ticket.

1 Like

Hello Erik, Nice thought. I want to ask you how to change ports. Please suggest me.

@pepperhope

Please check the Erick reply as below :slight_smile:

1 Like

So just to confirm. It will not be possible to use a VPN service like NordVPN, ExpressVPN etc? This is using the router as a VPN client, correct?

1 Like

@Niek_V

As for now OpenVPN is only for Client devices (SmartPhone, PC, ETC) connect to Peplink router.

Please check on the forum post below:

1 Like

Greeting all!
Sorry if I have not seen this previously posted or on the peplink.com website.
We would like to be able to use some of our FusionHubs to accept OpenVPN clients. Is that supported?

Thank you,
Dana

2 Likes

@DKonkin, would you mind to share your use case that needs OpenVPN support on the FusionHub?

1 Like

Thanks WeiMing.

Certainly.

Enterprises need remote access for employees on the road, working from home, or in disaster recovery/BCP scenarios.

Any Enterprise hosting their IT infrastructure in Azure or AWS will need to establish a Point-2-Site VPN client VPN aggregator for this purpose.

If they are already using a FusionHub then it would be a perfect device to use for their Point-2-Site VPNs.

We would use it ourselves at Onwave for our BCP/DR scenario. We have numerous customers who would use it as well.

Cheers

Dana

1 Like

@DKonkin, thanks for sharing the deployment details with us. We have another post discussed on Remote User Access support at FusionHub.

Let me bridge the request to the relevant post below, to alert the team to be aware.

Update:
We have prepared a special firmware with the feature, as posted by @Kenny.

2 Likes

Awesome guys! I was just about to ask for the ability to remotely access a Fusion Hub. Similar use case with Peplink devices connecting to the Hub and then remote users/on the road able to connect into the Hub. Will have to test at some point soon. When will the next firmware v8 be released with this feature included? Thanks !

2 Likes

I was wondering how often will Peplink issue firmware upgrades in order to keep OpenVPN secure? With other router vendors it seems there are quite a lot of firmware fixes just for that purpose.

Thank you.

1 Like