Configure IPSec VPN Site to Site

Hello everyone. I am currently new to Peplink, Hope you guys could share some knowledge with me.

I have being trying to establish a connection from site to site using IPSec VPN, but somehow it failed to connect. Previously I tried Speedfusion with the same network topology and it is successful. Below are my IPSec configuration on both Peplink devices

On Pepwave MBX
Remote Gateway: 210.211.10.1
Local Network: 192.168.60.0/24
Remote Network: 192.168.50.0/24
Authentication: Preshared Key
Mode: Main Mode
Preshared Key: 12345

On Peplink Media Fast
Remote Gateway: 192.168.0.149
Local Network: 192.168.50.0/24
Remote Network: 192.168.60.0/24
Authentication: Preshared Key
Mode: Main Mode
Preshared Key: 12345

I already allow port UDP 500, 4500, and Port TCP 32015 to be passthrough at TM router, but still can’t connect both devices.

Hi Fahmi,

There isn’t any way the Media Fast can see the 192.168.60.0/24 network unless there is already a tunnel. You’d want the Remote Network to point to the public IP of the TM Router.

Even then … I’d want to take the TM Router out and let the Pepwave MBX LTE be the edge with the Internet. But I’m not quite sure what you are wanting to achieve. (If you got it working with SpeedFusion, why bother with IPsec?!)

Regards,
David.

Don’t use IPSEC. Use PepVPN/Speedfusion. IPSEC hates NAT, Peplinks VPN skips across NAT (outbound) with no issues.

hi David,

I actually doing testing right now on this network topology on both VPN, which are IPSec and PepVPN. As for PepVPN that I have tried, it is successful to establish a connection to Media Fast, but as for IPSec, I didn’t sure if it can establish with this network topology. Because normally in my region, this network topology is the issue that I will face when trying to do a VPN. So I need to get ready first before facing this problem in the future.

Anyway thanks for replying to my question.

Regards
Fahmi

Dear Martin

Yup, basically this is for testing purposes only. so that in the future if i see this network topology on client site, i could suggest on which VPN to be use on Peplink.

Regards
Fahmi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.