Concurrent clients per AP

Hi,

I was about to deploy the PEP wave AP’s what will you recommend base in my questions.

Questions.

1. What are the maximum concurrent user that can support by AP one?
  2. If i have 4 conference room in 200 sqm office (LxW) 20mtr X 10 mtr. How many AP i will deploy to accommodate 200 clients. What AP you can recommend with cost effective and performance wise?
  3. Can AP one can penetrate the wall? or any other AP of PEP link?
  4. What is the unique technology advantage of PEPlink APs compare the other brand?
  5. What brand you can recommend if i,m going to deploy the PEPlink in crowded area such as open arena or stadium that can support massive clients?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

-Noah

Please see the answers below.

>1. What are the maximum concurrent user that can support by AP one?

There is no hardware limitation in terms of the concurrent number of users that can access one AP One.
However, we would normally recommend it should be around 25 ideally to optimize the traffic.
(Please keep in mind that all the users share the bandwidth that’s available to the AP.)

>2. If i have 4 conference room in 200 sqm office (LxW) 20mtr X 10 mtr. How many AP i will deploy to accommodate 200 clients. What AP you can recommend with cost effective and performance wise?

I would recommend AP One (OAS-GN1-R). It’s compatible with 802.11 b/g/n and rated 500mW of power to transmit the signal, which is extremely powerful. It’s also 802.3af compatible, which means that you can use ethernet cable via a PoE compatible switch to power up the AP.

It is hard to tell how many APs are needed in any environments. This also applies to any other vendors’ APs as well. Laying out multiple APs in general is one of the big challenges for installers. It sometimes takes extensive testing and careful consideration of the layout of the APs (it’s called “Site Survey”).

Normally we would recommend customers try a couple of APs at first instead of trying dozens of them to see if they cover the areas where you need WiFi signals. When you see some gaps where you don’t receive signals, then you can add another AP One later. This is the basic approach when it comes to installing APs.

>3. Can AP one can penetrate the wall? or any other AP of PEP link?

Obstacles such as metal, brick and concrete walls can be barriers and create signal propagation issues, which applies to any APs from other vendors. That’s the nature of WiFi RF. However, due to the fact that AP One has 500mW of transmit power, which is much more powerful than other vendors’ APs, AP One will be a great solution.

>4. What is the unique technology advantage of PEPlink APs compare the other brand?

You can manage all the APs via InControl, which is a cloud based management system. You can monitor the status of the APs and configure them remotely if need be. And it is free of charge to use InControl.

>5. What brand you can recommend if i,m going to deploy the PEPlink in crowded area such as open arena or stadium that can support massive clients?

If you were looking at open arena / stadium with massive clients for WiFi solution, this would be considered more of a WISP. We have a variety of products that support WISP environments. There are some dedicated vendors out there for a WISP type of environment on the market.

I hope this information helps.