Chrome: Your connection is not private error on support.google.com (captive-portal.peplink.com?)

Peplink Balance One BPL-ONE using 7.0.2 build 3155

A couple clients have reported an issue on Windows 10 Pro using Chrome browser. The issue is they are receiving a note “Your connection is not private” for various connections to document management system, walgreens.com, walmart.com, etc.

Date and time are correct, no strange extensions present. This is happening on multiple machines in the same office.

When I click on the option to expand the explanation I receive this information (see screenshot).

The **Subject: **captive-portal.peplink.com is what caught my attention and my reason for posting here.

We don’t use the captive-portal on the integrated AP, so what else could this be/mean?

I noticed that there are some Google issues happening internationally, so maybe that is causing some of this behavior. For the time being, I switched DNS from 8.8.8.8 to something else.

Make sure your time and date are sync
Sending resync command to local computer
Command : w32tm /resync

if it is sync and still getting error

i do recommend clear some cache on your browser and update it. sometimes this issue will it it if not i found another solution and it works as well following solution No.2 from this website https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/your-connection-is-not-private-chrome-error/ to sort this issue out.

Right. So the users did clear cache in Chrome (and I did the same during my testing), but that did not resolve the issue. Interestingly, it was not happening with Edge browser.

Rebooting the Balance One resolved whatever was causing this issue with Chrome.

Look like the issue may related to browser specific issue. Do the Chrome browser installed with plugin applications ? Do you try before disable all the chrome plugin and retest the connections ?

Beside that, may i know when the issue happen, all PCs using Chrome Browser will have the same issue ?

1 Like