Cellular Roaming Stuck on Obtaining an IP address again

Hi. I realise that this question has been asked many times before on the forums, but I’ve gone through all of those answers and still cannot get a connection working.

I have a Max-BR1 and am trying to connect in France to SFR using a SFR data sim card. I have previously used this sim card in a basic standalone wireless router and it works fine, reporting the APN as “internet” and the dial number as “*99#”.

However when used in the BR1 the connection hangs at “Obtaining IP Address”. I have updated to the latest firmware, and tried all the variety of options advised on this forum. The only thing I cannot change is the dial up number, as my settings sheet on the Peplink page doesn’t have a dial up number box.

I would really appreciate any advice going. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Danvan,

You can open a support ticket here and the Peplink support team will help you find the reason why this BR1 is not receiving an IP address from the cellular network SFR.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve the same problem ( SFR sim and cannot obtaining IP adress ). Have find a solution ?
Thanks,

@jean-luc

Not obtaining IP address is just a status to waiting IP address from the Carrier end. The reason why not able to obtaining IP address from the carrier can be related

1.The data plan is not allow Enterprise router to connect (Some of the data plan only allowing Phone devices.
2. Invalid APN info used.
3. Data plan hit limit
4. Others.

Suggest you can contact Peplink local partner to verify the data plan that you are using, if still have problem they can submit a ticket to allow support team to check on it.

https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/