Fri Oct 07 10:38:11 WET 2016
[/TR]
[TR=“class: tablecontent2”]
Diagnostic Report
Download
[/TR]
[TR=“class: tablecontent2”]
Remote Assistance

[Turn on](http://192.168.50.254/cgi-bin/MANGA/index.cgi?mode=config&option=utsysinfo#)

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Im having problems getting good signal strength on both cellular moduals at the same time, each sim is from the same provider, on the same network and the antennas are within CM’s of each other also it varies depending on the ships location as to which modual has the better signal. i will get a full signal on one of the cells and virtally no signal at all on the other one.

any advice would be much appreciated, i noticed the firmware is out of date. Is this the problem?

regards

Mark

Here is a screen grab of what im getting:

Hi Mark, I noticed Cellular 2 is connected with LTE and Cellular 1 is only connecting at 3G. This is why the signal levels are different. Can you confirm both SIMs are provisioned for LTE service? Also double check your settings and make sure you don’t have it locked to 3G only. You can also try swapping the antennas around to rule out a bad antenna.

I also strongly advise to upgrade your firmware to the current version available from our site. Thanks.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. firstly a little background. The pep is installed on a 50m yacht, so we move about! we are on our way to Sardinia so the signal strengths and types are changing.

All the antennas have been changed for new ones but the problem persists.

Both cards are from the same provider under the same contract and the problem persists even if we use cards from a different carrier.

I have checked the sttings and both are set to Auto for the service type.

When i try to lock cell one into LTE it wont connect.

It almost seems that the pep wave will only allow 1 LTE connection at a time… but i know thats not true!

I will upgrade the firmware as soon as the yacht owner gets off the boat, he will get very annoyed if i lose his service for any length of time.

Ive attached screen shots of the setting for each card, yes i know that they are different in that one is set to auto and the other custom but if i try to set cell 1 to auto on the operator settings it wont connect.

Please note that this was configured by an IT pro a week ago and he couldnt get it to work either!

Hi Tim,

We are in sardinia and can only get 3g, heres a capture please note the signal discrepancy even though the antennas are within 20 cm of each other.

Okay, if the problem persists after the firmware update go ahead and open a support ticket with us for further investigation. Thanks.

Hi Tim, ive upgraded the firware and even tried relocating the unit i still cant get a good signal on cell 1 i will try to open a support ticket.