Car/RV Installation- Terminal Block Configuration

I really hate to sound dense…but, why is there not a section in the manual about installation with power via the terminal block. Can anyone share a diagram or photo as to how it is supposed to be configured?

3 Likes

I see that there is a post (Max BR1 LTE Version Terminal Block Hookup) where they discuss putting the positive in positive…but, all I see is a screw on each end of the block…which does not look like you can put a wire into and four channels with set screws with - O/P I/P - under them…which is (vaguely) explained here (MAX-BR1-LTE-E-T Terminal Block specifications (for installation in car) - #8 by amaranth).

@Ryan_Vickerman, please see below the recommended way to power the MAX BR1 Classic via Terminal Block. Do make sure the input power is 12VDC, 2A.

4 Likes

Thank you SO much!

1 Like

Is this the same for the MK2?

Do you recommend a 2A inline fuse? 3A?

@tim.rohrer, you should able to get the information here.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Yesterday I started a new thread since I wasn’t sure this older one would get a reply.

A key part of my questions in both areas is that I don’t see pin-out diagrams for the terminal block in any of the documentation. How would I know which pins to connect the 12V power? There are four pins in the block.

Are the terminal power block pin-outs the same across all products? i.e. MK2? What are the two middle pins? Thanks!

The four pins are labelled.

pin 1 Ground / negative
pin 4 Positive

Pins 2 and 3 are for future use.
“I/P & O/P pin is a scheduled feature for BR1 to monitor/provide the power status info for the device.”

1 Like

Thank you. I am now realizing that part of the issue is that the terminal block on mine covers up some of the labels.

2 Likes

mine was covered too