- Balance 380 with multiple AP One AC minis connected to a
- Very well-connected network (1 GB symmetric fiber)
- An SSID associated with a
- VLAN dedicated to
- A Captive Portal with tokens as the only authorization mechanism, and
- A set of Apple products (macs, iPads, iPhones) connecting using the portal
When entering a token for a connection (mostly after a previous token has been exhausted, it seems) the splash page returns with a “timeout” error:
And the connection is still dead.
After submitting the same token again, one receives the same error message.
However, ignoring that error message and simply opening another browser window such as guest2.ic.peplink.com/, the connection confirmation pane (“start browsing”) may come up, and all is well. Until the next time it happens.
- I have not identified any pattern w.r.t. when the error manifests.
- Turning Wi-Fi off and on again sometimes seems to fix the problem.
Any thoughts? Seems too quirky for public use, but there may be some setting that I am missing?