Captive Portal - No Internet Access for user

Good day All,

We have set up Captive Portal from Incontrol but each time the captive Portal group is applied to the wifi, the status of the wireless card is: No Internet Access.

1. User was able to sign in with google ID

2. But when clicked on browsed, it doesn’t work.

3. All devices are up to date.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Remove the Captive portal, wifi works, add the captive portal it stopped connecting to the internet.

1 Like

This should be the configuration issue. Please open ticket for us to take closer look.

1 Like

I do have a ticket open, I have yet to get any answers. I was aksed for some information I sent it in and nothing yet.

1 Like

We are working on your ticket. Please give support guy sometimes to do the checking.

1 Like

Hello @Johny_Metellus,
We had an issue with several of our customers sites experiencing a similar issue, what we found was that we were causing a double authentication requirement by assigning the captive portal to the VLAN used also for the SSID assigned to the captive portal.

NOTE: This recommendation is for when you are using InControl2 for operating your Captive Portal

Here is our recommended setup if you are using Peplink WAPs

1. create your Captive Portal page
  2. created your VLANs the the SSIDs will use (do NOT assign the Captive Portal to the VLAN)
  3. create your SSIDs required and in here assigned the Captive Portal to the SSID

Here is our recommended setup if you are NOT using Peplink/Pepwave WAPs and offering physical points of presence (a place to plug cable in)

2. created your VLANs the the SSIDs will use and DO assign the Captive Portal to the VLAN
  3. create your SSIDs required on your non Peplink/Pepwave WAPS and and assign the VALN to the SSID
  4. assign on your Managed network switch the correct VLAN with the Captive Portal that will be physically connected to the point of presence.

Here is our recommendation when you need to use a Mixture of WAPs from Peplink/Pepwave & other vendors and offer physical connection points of presence.

2. created your VLANs for the the SSIDs for Peplink/Pepwave WAPS and DO NOT assign the Captive Portal to the VLAN
  3. created additional VLANs the the SSIDs that other vendors will use and DO assign the Captive Portal to the VLAN
  4. create your SSIDs required with your Peplink/Pepwave equipment and assigned the Captive Portal to the SSID
  5. create your SSIDs required on your non Peplink/Pepwave WAPS and and assign the VALN that has the Captive Portal to the SSID

As well as the Peplink support team, there are many experts here in the Peplink Forum, the support team at Peplink can put you in touch with a locally approved support person if you need additional assistance.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like