It used to be very easy with PPTP but now I cant connect to a Balance One that replaced a Shoho at one of my clients.
MacOS Sierra (10.12) no longer has the PPTP option available under the VPN settings. So I selected the setup on the new router at L2TP.
- I have the correct WAN IP address (looked it up online)
- Generated a strong password for the Preshared sectret (is this just a password?)
- Created username and password
On the Mac side I choose:
- Network > VPN > L2TP over IPsec
- Enter the WAN IP address
- Added the Preshared secret, Username and Password
- Left all other options default
My Mac attempts to connect but fails and tells me to contact my admin. Witch is me being clueless what to do now.