Can't change order of firewall rules

Balance 380 running 7.1.0. I can’t change the order of firewall rules. I can drag the rule, but when I apply changes and then go back to the firewall page, the rules are in the original order. This is critical, I must get this done!!!

Its a known bug. see

1 Like

Martin thank you. I did the update, that fixed the firewall sorting problem.

I updated all our Balance units (five of them). One is B210 hw2. It took 30 minutes for the update to complete before I could log into the unit. Even then, the home screen displayed a pop up message “please wait while the update finishes” or something to that effect. That message did not go away even after an hour. I was afraid of bricking the unit with a half-loaded firmware but finally gave up and tried a reboot.

Even after the reboot I got the same message once or twice. It finally went away, unit is working normally now. I’ve seen similar behavior on this unit with previous V7 firmware updates. Is it trying to tell me that the hardware really can’t keep up with the newest firmware?

Separate but related question to sorting the firewall rules, does the future update list include allowing us to sort the rules for Inbound Access > Services? These tables can get quite lengthy, and without sorting difficult to manage.

@Don_Ferrario, have you downloaded the Diagnostic Report when the problem occurs? If so, please submit to us via ticket.

1 Like