Cannot connect to web through Netgear 341u usb

I had a Surf Soho purchased in 2012, hdw 2, but it kept dropping internet. I purchased this one when I moved from Verizon to Sprint, kept assuming it was Sprint (Much better speed, and cheaper), but recently put my old Cradlepoint MBR95 back in use, NO DROPOUTS. I then thought it was the Peplink router, so just purchased a NEW Surf Soho MK3, just hooked it up this morning, and it will not connect to internet at all! It sees the 341U modem just fine, but refuses to connect to internet. I put my old Cradlepoint back, and it works perfectly. I want the Surf Soho because of the much better WiFi signal, as it will reach anywhere in my home, but the Cradlepoint is very weak to unuseable in areas.

Is there a known problem with the Surf Soho and the Netgear 341U that can be fixed! Getting a little desperate, having purchased TWO Surf Soho units now, and still cannot get reliable internet, where the old Cradlepoint is extremely reliable but weak WiFi.

1 Like

New Surf Soho had firmware 6.3.3, upgraded it to 7.1n now it works.

3 Likes

I’ve got the same setup and cannot get my 341u to connect and I’m using the last firmware. It’s sees it on USB but won’t actually connect to it

@bigfoot9683

If your device is running latest firmware and the USB connection still failed to connect, please open a support ticket for support team to check.

Please refer to the guide below:

1 Like

The modem is on the supported list. As well I am running the latest firmware for both the soho MK3 and the Netgear 341U. But they are not working. I have opened a ticket as well.