Cannot connect remotely . Peplink B One

I set up port forwarding on WAN 1 (static IP) for my CCTV DVR. I have two question and any help appreciated.
After setting everything up I can connect to my DVR from my phone app and my home where the Peplink is installed. But only locally. If I am on cellular or at work I can not connect to the DVR. This is starting to sound old but on the tp-link that was replaced with the Peplink I had no problem and connecting from apps or computers remotely. I even had the CCTV Seller remote into my pc and check the setting on the Peplink and he said it is set up correctly and said I need to call Peplink tech support. Is there something I am missing here.
Also if I create more than one port forwarding service I get a warning that it may overlap with the current service. Is this because I have the service set to ANY PORT ?
Thanks for any help.

You’ll need to show us your config for us to be able to tell I expect.

Yes

1 Like

create a new inbound firewall rule action allow event logging enable and then check your logs to see if the expected events are there when you hit your 12.165.x.x ip and port 8000

1 Like

Is this correct?

Didn’t see your photo so disregard the photo I sent .I set it as you said and this is result in event log:
[ 4171.059019] Firewall: Allowed CONN=WAN1 MAC=10:56:ca:de:10:81:ca:dc:a9:91:c0:81:08:00 SRC=174.193.193.168 DST=192.168.50.159 LEN=64 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=52 ID=0 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=4777 DPT=8000 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x11

I tried connect from my iPhone on cellular so I was off my home network. Was still unable to connect to the DVR. I can connect to it is I put my phone on the home network.

Cool. So the traffic is arriving at your WAN and being forwarded to your CCTV DVR.
I expect the issue is that your DVR is only allowing traffic from the local network to access it. Can you check the DVR and see if it has any logging?

We might have to add a virtual network map so that the source IP becomes a local one (ie SNAT).

1 Like

It does but it is limited and does not show rejected connections.Only ones that are able to login.

I don’t think the DVR is denying access from remote connection as I am able to connect to the DVR remotely if I use a different router. Still trying to figure it out.

Found my problem. It was a dhcp problem.Both my WANS 1 and 2 where setup with same IP range. 192.168.1.1 . Once I changed the Peplink to 192.168.2.1 I could connect remotely through the forwarded port.
The peplink was 192.168.50.1. at initial setup but I changed it. Noob.

2 Likes