In the last 2 months I’ve had 4 customers who can not reach WAN GUIs.
(I’ll return later and provide more detail to this post - for now here are the basics.)
Balance 20, HD2, MBX 5g, Bal 380x
Typical WAN config
- WAN 1 - Marina Wifi (192.168.15.1 or 192.168.89.1). Problematic.
- WAN 2 - Satellite (192.168.6.1). This has been the least problematic.
- Cellular - embedded sim card
Temporary work around
- Customer will release the WAN 2 cable, connect it directly to laptop and they are able to reach the GUI for that gateway.
- For a day or two the issue is resolved but eventually returns.
- From Peplink Dashboard - I can ping the problematic WAN device.
- All FW is updated.
- Balance 20 has been installed for 3+ years with no issues.
- MBX 5g, Bal 380x are obviously recent installs. Issue didn’t present until 3+ weeks after install was completed.
- These are marine customers (yacht).
- I’ve reviewed the issue with the Marina wifi client manufacturer in depth. All good on their side and they have received similar reports to mine.
In the next 48 hours, I’m going to setup a test bench to replicate the configuration and submit a ticket.