Can I Use Ethernet Adapters on the USB WAN?

The Surf SOHO is cheaper than that (the Peplink Device Connector). Any reason not to use that to push Wifi-as-WAN to a Balance router IF I end up upgrading to one?

As you say, β€œ[n]ot ideal but budget is limited.” That would certainly not be my preferred approach. However, you will find several threads here in which using a SOHO as an AP are discussed. Before I did that I’d likely use a product similar to the first link I provided. But, as they say, β€œYMMV.”

1 Like

The Optimum hotspot is using 5GHz, therefore I am considering a TP-Link CPE510. Another option is a NanostationM 5 GHz Loco because it looks like many people are talking about this. Both of them said they have 13 dBi gain but TP-Link is cheaper since it includes a PoE adaptor.

Optimum uses a mix of 2.4 and 5ghz on their outdoor/commercial access points (Cablewifi SSID will be present). Optimum off of modems in homes might now be all 5ghz but I dont remember.

I have the balance 20x, how do I enable a second internet connection through ethernet?

Hi. Actually, this has been discussed a number of times here on the Forum. Do this:

1. Navigate to Network β†’ WAN
  2. Under Connection Name select the USB item
  3. Click the blue β€œ?” in the upper right corner of the pane that pops up (as shown below.)
  4. Click on β€œhere” in the little box that pops up.
  5. Configure your new WAN.

(This example is from a Balance 210 – your screen will look similar.)

2 Likes