Can I monitor RDP traffic view In Control,

I see that in reports one can monitor the traffic of the various protocols but I don’t see RDP listed. Would RDP sessions be listed under ALL and can they be reported out separately??

Just to clarify; I started with InControl origonal version and saw that one could pull data based on traffic based on protocols either separately or “all” Now that I have switched to inControl2 does that report function exist - again I am particularly interested in monitoring RDP protocal traffic. Thx.

Hello @Edward_Taubman,
You can see through the DPI monitoring offered in the newer firmware on InControl2, these new features are evolving, the older InControl (not#2) will not be able to support these features as the platform is there purely to give legacy support for older systems. (Note you must have DPI turned on with matching Firmware in InControl2 to take advantage of this).

This is a snap shot taken from within InControl2 of one of our customer who use RDP from there sites back to there data centre.

The InControl2 team are working at updating the system so that the colours line up

You can also setup in your router a rule for RDP that allows the RDP traffic and logs it to the event logs when ever the router allows the RDP connections, this example below is for Citrix, though you can make your own for RDP if you need.

This is the best I can find for you for now, maybe you might like to turn this into a Feature Request and to detail more specifically what you need, why and business benefits of having it.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Thx for those suggestions; I have the latest 7.02xxx firmware for my balance 20 installed; I don’t see where to allow either on the device or inControl2 where to enable DPI??. I am using chrome browser.

Hello @Edward_Taubman,
DPI monitoring is turned on through InControl2 for the device, please work through the steps in this post to enable the DPI feature.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: