Bus line

Hi folks,

I’m trying to set up following configuration

BR2 Pro with 4 SIM cards

1+2 are local (Czech Republic carriers)

3 German SIM

4 Swiss SIM

I want to use them in a following way

When in Czech republic I want to bond the two local carriers together SIM 1+2 and only in case of both carriers unavailability use the swiss or german card as a failover
When in Austria I want to use CZECH carrier SIMs for roaming and only in case of both SIMS unavailability use the swiss or german card as a failover
When in Germany I want to use German SIM only, but with failover to other sims in case of signals unavailibility
When in Switzerland I want to use SWISS SIM only, but with failover to other sims in case of signals unavailibility

I have set the roaming rules for each SIM, but i think i have blocked the failover option by doing so…

What is the best way to set this up?

or to be precise I would like to be able to set qualitative criteria for failover if its possible, I dont mind paying the data bill because the quality is most important but i need to somehow prefer the more cost optimal routes as long as it doesn’t hamper the experience

I don’t think there is a way to do quite what you want with the current options available.

The closest way which would potentially be a fair bit of trail and error and work would be restricting which PLMN each slot is allowed to connect to and then setting a SIM preference with failover to the other SIM if it cannot connect, but as roaming is potentially involved on both SIMs that might not be ideal.

Perhaps this is a case for a feature request / feature enhancement where the use of SIM pools in Ic2 could be linked to specific geofences to determine when to use a specific SIM in a specific modem.