BR2 Pro IP Passthrough

I looked at the features sheet of the BR2 and it lists IP pass through as an option but in the device that feature is nowhere to be found.

What am I missing?

I checked everywhere on the BR2 and unlike the BR1 there is no “IP Passthrough” mode.

IP Passthrough is supported in a single cellular model. Hence, it is not available in the BR2 Pro. I informed the team and the info is updated.

Thanks for pointing this out and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

That’s a problem on my end. Can I contact my reseller for a refund as that is a required feature?

Ultimately, I suppose that is between you and your Peplink Partner but I might point out the specifications are published, among other places, here. In this table the first column is BR1 Pro 5G and the second is the BR2 you have.

It would be difficult to configure a two modem device in IP pass-through mode. Which address would be passed-through? I’m wondering about your use case and if there is an alternative.

So there is no way to use this as a simple modem, it must do routing and NAT in order to function?
I am just trying to pass the WAN pubic IP off to one of the LAN ports in order to use a Ubiquiti UDM-SE as my main router. I would prefer not to double NAT if possible.

Its a Dual 5G router - far from a simple modem.

Is this to be used for primary connectivity or just as a backup?

You can host a Fusionhub in Vultr, and pass through a public IP from there over dual 5G to your UDM-SE - that would be neat. No NAT then, not even the NAT from your mobile networks…

@sitloongs I wanted to bring this back up again. I was messing around with my BR1 Pro and and put multiple WAN connections in IP Passthrough mode.

Ideally what I am trying to accomplish is a failover mode. If Cellular 1 fails take WAN 2 (which I would also like to be cellular) to take over and passthrough that IP.

This can be accomplished If I just get another BR1 Pro if I just daisy chain two together and put the second in the WAN port.

@dandorato ,

Can you share me your setup diagram ? Just want to understand your configuration on the daisy chain ^^

Sure!

In the setup I have two BR1 Pro’s. BR1 Pro (Secondary) is connected to a 5G connection in IP passthrough mode. I take the LAN of Secondary and move it to the WAN of (Main Router). Main router is configured with BOTH the WAN and Cellular in IP passthrough mode. So if the connection on the cellular goes down the router failsover to P2 I still get a direct IP and the Main Router just hands off the new IP.

Ideally I would like to do this with one piece of hardware with the BR2 Pro (or heck even the HD4)