BR1 Mini stuck on "Obtaining IP Address"

We have a MAX BR1 Mini, hardware revision 1, 8.3.0 firmware, that recently started giving us problems. The problems started occurring after an extended time powered down (4 months or so). Prior to that we swapped sim cards to a new multi-network provider, at which time the modem would connect to the network just fine. Now, after the extended time being powered off, when we power on the modem, the cellular connection status will do one of two things: 1) either show connected, give us an IP address, and then fail the smartcheck/ping test and not have internet connection, or 2) try to connect and then get stuck on “Obtaining IP Address”. We have swapped this SIM into a different modem and it will work fine, and we have put a new sim into this modem and the new sim exhibits the same symptoms, so I am fairly confident the issue is something with the modem. Can anyone provide some troubleshooting steps or suggest something to try?

I have done the following additional steps :
-verified the APN/network settings are correct according to our SIM provider
-hard reset using the button on the front of the modem
-tried the SIM card in both slot A and B
-tried setting the network to one carrier instead of auto like my sim provider recommended

Also, while it says failed smart check or obtaining IP address, the blue bar signal indicator on the WAN connection status will jump from zero or one bar up to 5 bars (full signal) almost like it is jumping from one network/tower to another. This occurs both on auto network selection and also on a fixed network operator setting.

And now, just as I was writing this post, he modem finally says connected, but when I try to access the internet, I still can’t connect. The signal bars are still jumping from one bar to 5 bars, even while it says connected to AT&T. The realtime usage report shows 0 data transferred since last reboot.

I think I would first ensure the router’s cellular modem firmware is current. Then, I’d make a phone call to AT&T and ask them if they see an issue. Have your IMEI handy when you call – they’ll need it. Some carriers, at least in the USA, have been very effective in maximizing customer frustration and diminishing their reputation by restricting the devices in which a SIM may be operated – even though the device is certified for use on that carrier’s network (and the latter is the case with the product you have.)

The BR1 had the latest firmware, but I went ahead and pushed the same version on to it again. Telnyx is our provider and I talked to them about it and they said they can’t see that it is connected. I will ask them for help one more time today, but considering I moved this SIM to another BR1 and it worked fine, I don’t think it is a SIM or network issue. And I took a working SIM from a different BR1 and put it in this BR1 and am seeing the same issue.