BR1 Mini: Some devices connect, some don't

Wondering if anyone can help. I’m helping a client set up their network. Actually, PepwaveMax BR1 Mini is in place. We have a Apple Powerbook that connects just fine. It’s the first device that was connected via Wifi. But none of the iPhones connect and a secondary MacBook also doesn’t connect.

Attached are the auto assigned numbers on both MacBooks. The one with the red circle is the one not connecting. The one with the green circle does connect to the internet just fine.

Obviously the numbers are very different. What’s weird is that the router for the green connection is not the BR1’s IP. The true IP is 192.168.50.1 which is shown in the non-connecting device.

Why is that? And where is the connected MacBook getting very different numbers? And yes, they are connecting to the same wifi network and no content filtering is turned on.

Do you possibly have IP passthrough enabled on your BR1? The computer in the second screenshot doesn’t look like it’s getting a private IP address. I think IP passthrough only works for the first connected client, so that would make sense.

I don’t see that setting anywhere. Plus I reset the BR1 to factory and
still the same issue. Only one machine can get online. None of our iPhones
can. I’m stumped.

Is this your client’s ISP? Your the router shown in your screenshot seems to have one of their IPs. Is there possibly an ISP-provided router/gateway device in the mix? The 192.168.50.18 IP is using the default block the BR1 comes with from the factory. Are both of these devices connected to the same BSSID?

Now that I think about it… it’s a BR1 Mini? Did you purchase the Ethernet WAN license? And how do you have the BR1 Mini connected in the network?

I didn’t install the BR1. But you’re right, it appears that the connected
devices are logging on to the local cable company’s router and not the BR1
which makes sense because….from what was explained to me by tech support at
a BR1 reseller, turns out the BR1 didn’t have a SIM card. So I’m
assuming that once the SIM’s in place, we’ll be good to go. But does a
“Ethernet WAN license” have to be purchased on the BR1 for it to bridge
with the other router? Is the license something that’s done through Verizon
which is supplying the back-up in case the cable router goes down?

Hi @hmcb70,

If you want to the MAX BR1 Mini as your main router and connect it to a wired connection (for failover/backup?), you need to enable the failover functionality via an optional license.
By default, the unit only supports 4G, which makes it cost-effective.

The 2nd port is a LAN-port by default and can be enabled as a WAN-port after purchasing a Peplink WAN failover license for the MAX BR1 Mini.
The license is a one-time buy and is based on the serial number of your MAX BR1 Mini.

The partnumber is MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS and should be available at any Peplink partner.
You can find all Peplink partners here: https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/.

If you want to the MAX BR1 Mini as your main router and connect it to a
wired connection (for failover/backup?), you need to enable the failover
functionality via an optional license.
By default, the unit only supports 4G, which makes it cost-effective.

The 2nd port is a LAN-port by default and can be enabled as a WAN-port
after purchasing a Peplink WAN failover license for the MAX BR1 Mini.
The license is a one-time buy and is based on the serial number of your
MAX BR1 Mini.

https://forum.peplink.com/uploads/short-url/91AXOV7XFU8ylhVJcT1JL5P3f2Y.png

The partnumber is MAX-BR1-MINI-LC-FS and should be available at any
Peplink partner.
You can find all Peplink partners here: https://www.peplink.com/
peplink-certified-partners/.

Thanks Joey. This was really, really helpful.

Glad I could help!