BR1 mini LTEA connection issue

I’m trying to sort out if this is a hardware limitation or if it’s my data plan…

Here is what I’m using,
BR1 mini LTEA with Telus 5G plan
Pixel 7 pro with Telus 5G plan

Location A (house)
Everything works fine. BR1 connects to LTE, Pixel 7 connects to LTE with periodic connection to 5G.

Location B (house)
This is about 3 km away from location A.
BR1 will not connect. Pixel 7 is connecting to 5G but sometimes switches to LTE.

Any thoughts on why the BR1 is having issues in location B? I know the BR1 doesn’t support 5G and I am using a 5G plan but everything works perfectly in location A. As soon as I unplug the unit and relocate it at location B, it no longer connects.

Download cellmapper on your Pixel and see what band it is using to connect, see if your br1 mini LTE-A supports that band.
If you need a 5g device,as a peplink partner we received our first batch of br1 mini 5g and can sell you one and support it. PM me for more info or e-mail me at [email protected]

1 Like

Thank you for the cellmapper suggestion. I’ll give this a try.

I’ll likely go with a new 5G device if my current hardware is the root problem.

Hi @Jonathan_Pitts , That’s interesting! Our distributor’s last price sheet is dated 12/08/23 and that model had not even been announced at that time. We have no pricing on that item (or the new flat/patch antenna.) I see the 5G Minis are even being sold on EBay before we have access to them.

We preorderd a few months ago from our distributor. I’m not sure why there is a lag on the price sheet. Maybe we should see an update soon? I know the e-mail notice of thoose two products went out on 1/5/24.

1 Like

Hello @Rick-DC,
What Peplink products get supplied into a region is based on a few things; the distributors have to choose what to carry. For example, most models of routers Peplink supplies to Europe differ from those in the Americas. Neither can be used in Australia or New Zealand (it’s complex, and I’ve written about it before), so our regional master distributor has had to exclude several models as they are not viable/economical to get modified/certified.

In the USA, you’re in a unique position as you have a choice of distributors; the rest of the world usually only has a single master distributor to work with (such as what we have here in Australia & New Zealand being M2M Connectivity with Rising Connection now working with them).

No Peplink Partners are allowed to sell via eBay (not even those certified as a Peplink E-Tailer); this has been written about many times in the form; if you see these breaches, please email them to Peplink to follow up.

So my suggestion is pick up the phone and call you distributor to talk about what you need, that’s what works best for us.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile: