BR1 Mini HW3 eSim Optaining IP adress

Hi there!

I recently purchased a BR1 Mini HW3. Now I’m currently trying this eSim feature. I updated to the 8.4.0 RC3 and i have used IC2.13 to download the profile to the router - it looks like it worked.

Entry in the Event log:

WAN: Cellular 1 has SIM available, switching to BYO eSIM B

Switched to BYO eSim 2 - and the Router got stuck in this “obtaining IP Adress” thing… I should mentioned it’s a US Router MAX-BR1-MINI-LTEA-US-T-PRM and I’m currently in Germany. I used a Global eSim Dataplan which is valid in Germany.

Any hints on this?

Hi… just a comment…
MAX-BR1-MINI-LTEA-US-T-PRM supporte the following LTE:
B2, B4, B5, B7, B12, B13, B14, B25, B26, B41, B42, B43, B48, B66, B71
And Germany use:
B1, B3, B7, B8, B20, B28, B32
in common the device have only:
B7

How it works?

Hi

There should be more information to be discussed here.
Does the eSIM require a special APN?
The area you’re in, is it covered by the eSIM you’ve setup?
And as per previous post, does the bands your device works on available? And covered by the provider?

You know, the router was mounted on our ship, we purchased it in the US. I ordered a global Data plan, which covers 141 Countries including Germany, where we currently are. I’ve tried the suggestions from the esim-vendor but as MarceloBurros stated - maybe the frequencies or bands…
So, i don’t mind that there’s a problem with the bands, i thought it would be like traveling with an iPhone, which nearly works all over the world not worrying about the frequencies. Is there a Firmware which adapts the Router to the other bands? If that doesn’t the router is nearly useless for traveling the world?

Thanks

@Sascha_Drexler: No, a firmware upgrade will not do it as the “bands available” are determined by the modem itself – “hardware.” Having said that, the selection of a product with more frequency/band agility would likely solve the problem. To illustrate, here are the “bands available” for the two Pro 5G models:

And, the issues raised by @Captain_Nik also should be answered definitively.

Hi,

Don’t know if this still ongoing but…

You should have an APN from your SIM provider.
Also, on your “Cellular Settings” → “Data Roaming” should be set for “Any countries” and you should let the band selection to Auto, but you can try on a different band i.e. B3 or B20, see the picture.!