BR1 Classic HW3 and Max Transit Mini with ACW-411

Should the BR1 Classic HW3 be able to work with the ACW-411 on the 2/Serial port?
I tried connecting everything like I have working on the br1 mini , but having trouble getting the OOBM to work on the BR1 Classic HW3.
On the BR1 mini the port labeled “LAN & console” is connected to the single port side of the ACW-411.
Then trying to switch it to the br1 classic HW3:
On the BR1 Classic HW3 the port labeled “2/Serial” is connected to the single port side of the ACW-411.
Also on the BR1 Classic HW3, when the Ethernet side of the ACW-411 is connected I do not get a link like on port2.
On the BR1 mini, when the Ethernet side of the ACW-411 is connected I DO get a link light on LAN port.
To be clear I’m using these one at a time to try to use the OOBM/webconsole to a known working port on a network switch.This works fine with the BR1 mini, just not the BR1 Classic HW3.
Should the ACW-411 work on the BR1 Classic HW3 as well as the similar Max Transit Mini?

@Jonathan_Pitts

ACW411 only require for the BR1 Mini Console connection.

BR1 Classic HW3 and MAX Transit Mini, doesn’t require the ACW-411 for the serial port connection (OOBM/webconsole). What you need to do is direct connect a Ethernet Cable from the BR1 Classic HW3 or MAX Transit Mini serial port to the console port for the device that you want to manage will do.

Below are the example configuration for the OOBM settings to access Balance device console port:

and below are the example configuration for the OOBM settings to access Cisco device console port:

:+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thankyou very much. Confirmed works on both models without acw-411.

Jonathan

1 Like

What was the model of Cisco that you used?
I tried the RJ45 straight through on multiple speeds on a 2960-S with a max transit mini and I was unable to get and characters to display.
On the cisco 2960-S I had to use the mini-b console to connect with a laptop.
I was able to get it to work with a straight thru on a HP switch.

Would you able to help further test if you direct connect a PC to the RJ45 Cisco console port, will it work ?

1 Like

Sit I didn’t have the usb to RJ45 with me, but I can test next time I’m onsite.

1 Like

By the way, the Cisco test lab device that we tested is Catalyst 2960-S. Suppose all Cisco console port will have standard console access method and just worry the port is not functioning or being disabled.

1 Like

I’ll have someone test and report back. Thanks