Boosting Download not through Bonding Issue with SDX

This is a somewhat niche config but it has worked for me with my Balance 380 which died recently (RIP) however I am unable to achieve the same results with my SDX. I created another forum post about another issue regarding download speeds with multiple WANS in use but now that that is resolved this is another matter that I feel merits its own post.

So I download through multiple download streams with this setup, what I mean by this is the download is not through a single connection (think similar to p2p where multiple sources are used to download the same file) so bonding is not needed and unfortunately not feasible either as I already tried speed fusion with less than ideal results.

The way I set this up on my Balance 380 is the download streams can be divided into two depending on the TCP port used for downloading, so single file is downloaded through multiple sources via two separate tcp ports. What I did was set an Enforce rule for the PC to download via WAN 1 for anything using port x and that same PC to download via WAN 2 for anything that is using port y, the end result was I was achieving ɓdownload speeds higher than just using a single WAN.

Now here comes the SDX, same configuration and the overall throughput seems stuck around 250-350mbps when doing this method where I was easily getting 700-900mbps with my Balance 380. What’s odd is it does not matter which WAN ports I use (WAN 1 is 5G and can exceed 500mbps, WAN 2 is also 5G and can exceed 500mbps, and WAN 3 is a ground connection locked at 150mbps) so no matter which of those WAN ports I use in combination with the above mentioned configuration the end result is the same speed cap at around that range so it makes me believe there is either something wrong with my config or the SDX is hitting a bottleneck somewhere.

Any ideas on what might be the cause and what I can do to fix it?

Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone else encounters a similar issue. It seems to be a problem with the sdx as i managed to test the same config on a balance 2 and there is no issues with combining both wan ports and achieving over 900mbps with the method mentioned above.

Whether its a firmware issue or a hardware one peplink support is working with me to resolve it if there is a solution i will update this thread accordingly.