Bonding Prerequisites

Good day everybody ,

i have a very basic question about Bonding prerequisites since i’m not so familiar with the product ; i would like to bond at least two connection ( are satellite ones on a ship ) to improve bandwidth a little bit .
i read already knowledge base by i didnt found what i’m looking for .
thank you for the help
best regards

Salve Gian Luigi,

Can you be more specific on where you struggle?
Did you select already your peplink, the topology you want to use ( private bonding vs SpeedFusion Cloud) and the expected performances?

If you need to share details, you can always shoot me a private message. We are providing bonded connectivity to different verticals for years and I’m pretty sure what yo uwant is feasible, the only question is around the best way to do it.

Depending on the size, we simply give you free advice or help you deploy and maintain.

Kr,

1 Like

To Bond the bandwidth you need a device on the ship that manages these satellite / 5G internet connections. Here are my favorite approaches for different size vessels.

And then you need a remote appliance you can use to create a bonded VPN connection from the ship to it and from there you can route onward to the internet.
Peplink has a virtual appliance called Fusionhub and the solo license is free to play with (annual subscription from year 2).

Some customers will host a physical / virtual appliance in their own datacenter, others host a virtual one in Azure or Vultr, or AWS. Many customers use Peplink’s own SpeedFusion Cloud (which is very good actually).

And then for those that want fully managed redundant global bonding with multiple static public IPs and inbound routing there are partners like us that do it for them and it looks like this with our IPs delivered to the customers firewall.

5 Likes