BGP over IPsec Feature Request

Howdy All,

I’d like to add a feature request to add support for BGP over IPsec. I found a message from Kenny confirming it isn’t supported.

I’d love to use PepVPN but unfortunately I am unable to for this particular deployment.

Hi Zach

This post shows it is on the list of things to be done. It’s something that will be needed for both AWS and Azure routing.

2 Likes

I see that @PeterWest announced that he had managed to use BGP over ipsec with peplink a few days back, is there a special build available to have a play with this.

1 Like

That’s not exactly BGP over IPsec but BGP over “GRE-over-IPsec” and full of hacks to make that works now.

Anyway, BGP over IPsec is another story, still a long way to go.

1 Like

ah ok, thanks Kenny. Got excited there for a minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry if I caused an issue, this was months of development and tons of custom work. I was more bragging on the engineering team and their amazing abilities.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature request

2 Likes

+1 for this feature request

wondering if there has been any updates on this. It would be really useful to be able to do BGP with Azure Vpn gateway over IPSEC. Each time we have come up with this requirement we have to add another router to the solution to achieve this.
It would be great to be able to do this with just the peplink solution.

3 Likes