Beginner - Best US Cellular options?

Hey there - never worked with this sort of setup. Do any of y’all have best practices or recommendations on which carrier to use/which plan you like? We’re looking at a MAX BR2 PRO 5G unit, and planning to get two different services as we tend to travel to run a live webcast in different cities. Usually were in major metro areas, so I’m not too concerned about having no service. We’re also only pushing 3-5Mbps for this event, so shouldn’t be burning a ton of data, but not getting throttled/not dropping out is key as we usually have ~8000 people on the webcast.

The size of the budget is a core parameter, here.

But in any case: dual-cellular for dual-carrier redundancy and reliability, a SpeedFusion break-out device (your own equipment, or your own FusionHub (Solo) or Peplink’s SpeedFusion services) for the wired connection to the internet with the unbreaking reliability of having both carriers being bonded would be my starting point.

For a far less ambitious context we are employing Balance 20X CAT-7 with a Flex Module CAT-12 (thus dual carrier) on the edges, connected to a SpeedFusion hub (we employ both hardware hubs and UpCloud-hosted FusionHub Solos).

For carriers, we pair Verizon with T-Mobile, which allows for redundancy and reliability, and provides for local tweaking (e.g., Verizon is really good for downloads, pitiful for uploads, whereas T-Mobile is less imbalanced).

The B20X is your expense baseline. I’d recommend contacting a partner for a more detailed exploration of options, and for the ultimate purchase(s).

Cheers,

Z

1 Like