Basic Network Question

I’m working with a Balance 20X and would like to add an AP1 mini. I have the Balance network set up to operate with the 10.15.X.X network addresses. Only one main computer is hard wired ethernet, the rest are 6 wifi clients each using their own VLAN, on the Balance 20X internal wifi.

This setup has worked fine for the last few years. My new AP1 default address is 192.168.0.3. The wifi “Info” tab on the Balance web interface shows the AP1 is there, but I can’t communicate with it. Everyone is saying use the Balance Controller and that’s fine, assuming I can eventually contact the AP1 to do that. Blasting my 10.15.X.X configuration and reconfiguring to a 192.168.0.0 network is not going to happen.

Let’s say I want to directly access the AP1 internal UI for educational purposes, then change the default IP to be on the 10.15.X.X network. All the time I’m assuming that all connected devices are supposed to be on the same network?? What process is necessary? Does direct access to the AP need to be done with a managed switch or some other network software? Asking the Balance 20X controller to display the AP1 UI fails with a proxy error. Sorry for the boring networking question…appreciate any direction on this…
Thanks
Sparky5

I assume 10.15.x.x is the untagged network on your B20x and you have connected the AC Mini directly on one of the LAN-Ports of the B20x. If this port is set to trunk/any you may reset you AC Mini (paper clip) and it should get an IP from your untagged network. Otherwise configure your L3 switch properly.

1 Like